The origins of the University of Bologna go way back, and it is considered to be the oldest university in the Western world. Its history is intertwined with that of the great names of science and literature, it is a keystone and a point of reference for European culture. Today it has five campuses (Bologna, Cesena, Forlì, Ravenna and Rimini) and 11 Research and Training Centres. It´s research agenda is fortified by industry and societal linkages, and it boasts 306 Research projects funded by the European Union, more than 130 projects funded by Italian Ministry of University and Research (MIUR) and more than 214 funded by the Emilia-Romagna region.
This partner is a PhD awarding institution in the following projects:
UNIBO offers to their Doctoral Students a wide range of training and mentoring opportunities, including:
– Mentoring program: Each PhD student is coached and mentored by a supervisor whose duty is to counsel and guide the student in carrying out his/her research activities. Furthermore, the University of Bologna offers a mental health service that is available for all students free of charge. https://www.unibo.it/it/servizi-e-opportunita/salute-e-assistenza/servizio-di-aiuto-psicologico-a-giovani-adulti-sap
– Courses and training opportunities: The PhD course provides a training programme with academic and professional purposes. It develops the candidate’s ability to carry out research and projects in an independent, systematic and in-depth approach through specialist courses and seminars.
– Language courses: The Language Centre (CLA) provides Italian language courses for international students attending the university. The costs is free for first course. More details: http://www.cla.unibo.it/corsi/italian-language-courses-for-foreigners/italian-language-courses-for-foreigners.
– Relocation support: The University of Bologna offers support for finding accommodations. See more at https://www.unibo.it/en/services-and-opportunities/study-grants-and-subsidies/housing-and-residences
– Cultural and social activities: UNIBO offers sport activities and discounts for museums, cinemas and other cultural initiatives. See more at: https://www.unibo.it/en/services-and-opportunities/studying-and-beyond
– Further benefits: Access to libraries and scientific journals / websites with UNIBO subscription. Discounts are guaranteed for UNIBO students in shops with agreements.