Technology for Humanity is the motto of the Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH). It trains committed engineers, who always have sustainability in mind. TUHH is a compact, technical university with a clear profile in research and innovative learning methods where theory and practice meet. From the beginning TUHH has set out to be one of the most internationally-connected universities in Germany. Its research excellence is the crux of its international outreach program and it has direct, ongoing international research collaborations with partners in more than 50 countries.
TUHH is hosting the following positions:
TUHH offers to its Doctoral Students a wide range of benefits, including:
– Mentoring program: TUHH is one of nine member universities of Hamburg Research Academy (HRA). The HRA offers individual advising sessions with a focus on specific career stages and topics, such as: Doctorate and beyond; Postdocs and Junior Professors; Good Scientific Practice and Career Coaching.
– Courses and training opportunities: The Graduate Academy for Technology and Innovation at TUHH offers training that helps Early-Stage Researchers to develop and expand your generic competences or so-called transferable skills and to plan the next steps in their careers.
– Language courses: TUHH offers in cooperation with the Volkshochschule Hamburg to all TUHH-members semester-time language courses: English, Chinese, French, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Arabic and German.
– Relocation support: The Accommodation Office from TUHH helps international exchange students and degree students in hunting for accommodation in Hamburg.
– Cultural and social activities: The international office of the TUHH promotes an intercultural program called “Welcome@TUHH” https://www.tuhh.de/welcome/home.html
– Engagement with industry: The Doctoral Student will closely work with relevant industry partners and benefit from specific training and mentoring opportunities (i.e. secondments, site visits, access to facilities and data, etc.)