Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology (LUT University) is a pioneering science university in Finland bringing together the worlds of science and business since 1969. It has a tradition of strong links with the business community and the LUT University School of Business and Management (LBM) is among the world’s top 200 business schools. It´s vision is to be internationally recognised for its impact on sustainable business renewal – enabled by new technologies and entrepreneurial spirit. Its core strengths are its close collaboration with the business world combined with strong theoretical, analytical and methodological expertise. The LBM is a strong research unit of more than 20 full professors and 100 researchers, who are just part of 6500-strong LUT University community.
LUT University Clean energy, water and air are life-giving resources for which we at LUT University seek new solutions with our expertise in technology and business. We help society and businesses in their sustainable renewal. Our international community consists of 6500 members. Watch the video of our strategy: https://youtu.be/PpFawdT8CDE
LUT School of Business and Management, LBM Our mission is to educate research-based and responsible business professionals in an inspirational learning community rooted in a university of technology. Our vision is to be internationally recognised for our impact on sustainable business renewal – enabled by new technologies and entrepreneurial spirit. Our core strength is close collaboration with the business world combined with strong theoretical, analytical and methodological expertise. The LUT School of Business and Management is a strong research unit of more than 20 full professors and altogether 100 researchers.
LUT university offers to its Doctoral Students a wide range of benefits, including:
- Mentoring program: the candidate will have a scientific supervisor and organizational supervisor as well as quite regular peer group meetings
- Courses and training opportunities: LUT offers LBM research seminar series, visiting professors/ visitor presentations and individual courses/ trainings participation. There are courses available for doctoral candidates both in national network and at LUT university.
- Language courses: Finnish courses for foreigners from beginner level to intermediate level are offered each semester. In addition, the language courses (e.g. English, Swedish, German, French, Russian) of LAB Language Center are open to Doctoral Candidates as well.
- Relocation support: LUT HR Services help finding accommodation, information on childcare and school options, tutoring, and assistance with local registrations – tax matters, social security, opening bank account.
- Well-being support: Occupational healthcare services and activities supporting physical, mental and social well-being
- Cultural and social activities: Social and cultural activities starting in the autumn 2021
- Engagement with industry: the Doctoral Student will closely work with Mikkeli Development Company Miksei Ltd. and EcoSairila – a centre for the blue and green economy. The Doctoral Student will benefit from specific training and mentoring opportunities (i.e. secondments, site visits, access to facilities and data, etc.)
For more information, visit: https://www.lut.fi/web/en
The Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology is hosting the following positions: